GCC of America, Inc. is a regional manufacturer of cement, concrete, and coal. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua (GCC) created the U.S. division with the 1994 purchase of a 500,000 ton cement manufacturing facility in Tijeras NM. A distribution terminal in Albuquerque and another in El Paso were added later in the same year.
GCC expanded cement manufacturing capacity in 2001 with the purchase of Dacotah Cement in Rapid City SD. Further capacity expansion took place in 2008 when GCC commissioned the Pueblo, Colorado plant. This state of the art facility added 1 million tons of production to the GCC network.
Multiple and dynamic business acquisitions have taken place over the last several years, including the GCC Energy coal mine in Hesperus Colorado, Consolidated Ready Mix in South Dakota and Minnesota, Mid Continent Concrete (Midco) in Oklahoma and the Midwest, and several other ready mix concrete and transportation operations.
Mission: To be the supplier of choice in cement, concrete and innovative solutions.
2020 Vision: Our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We’re a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders.
1. Safety. We’re committed to perform all our actions responsibly, with the purpose of minimizing all risks that could endanger the safety of our employees and general public that interact with our operations.
2. Service Attitude. For GCC, our customers are a priority. Our systems allow us to anticipate and search for optimal solutions that will constantly satisfy our customers’ needs. Doing business with GCC is easier.
3. Integrity. Our behavior is ruled by honesty, respect and ethics. We responsibly uphold and honor all our commitments; we are congruent with what we think, say and do, and stay open-minded to the ideas or reasons of others.
4. Team work. Our internal and external relationships are guided by the creation of synergies, always in search of mutually beneficial objectives and a continual and transparent dialogue. Collaboration is a fundamental element toward achieving our objectives.
5. Innovation. We create value by searching for new ways of developing our products, services and processes which translates into better solutions. We encourage initiative and the implementation of improvements as if they were our own.
6. Excellence. We feel proud of what we propose and do. We establish goals based on common agreement and commit to achieving results. In the quest of perfection, we execute our goals with passion, wholeheartedness and commitment.